Will be offered in 2018
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 6 through 8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- learn multicultural drumming patterns:
- develop new repetoire on various percussion instruments;
- explore movement and dance while singing songs;
- play games based on music and drumming;
- have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of they Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children ages 6-8 and include:
- Weekly, 45 minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and CD's (2 copies) each semester
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
- Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
This is an instrument-learning class, so your child will need a djembe drum. Drums must be purchased by the family before the 1st day of class. Once you are registered, the director will provide you with specific online vendors for a reasonable price.